Destination Management Madeira
Madeira Islands, known as “the floating garden” or the “pearl of the Atlantic” is probably the best kept treasure of Portugal. Due to its location in the Atlantic Ocean, on the same latitude as Casa Blanca in Morocco and 900 kilometres Southwest from Lisbon, Madeira benefits out the most extraordinary mild subtropical climate all year round reflected on the exuberant flora along on its majestic mountains and impressive sea cliffs. The beauty of the island and the potential for events are just amazing. If you have never been in Madeira, you will be blown away!
Why not consider Madeira for your next event?
Madeira is very well-connected with daily short flights from Lisbon and Oporto, and many more direct flights from major European cities.
Madeira has proven to be an excellent candidate for all kinds of events, and has in fact obtained several important destination awards. In 2020, Madeira Island, won the World Travel Award not only Europe’s Leading Island Destination 2020 for the fifth time in a row but also the world’s leading island destination
The beautiful landscapes will astonish you, without doubts. Even in the capital city of Funchal you can enjoy an exuberant and diversified flora from different corners of the world well reflected in Funchal Municipal Garden, where one can witness a great diversity of trees and flower species.
The Island is furthermore ideal to enjoy outdoor activities & water sports. From 4×4 tours up in the mountains and hiking routes, to whale and dolphin watching or simply scuba diving, you name it!
For those who appreciate the cultural connections, Madeira was discovered in the 14th century and has a rich and interesting patrimony featuring art to ethnological activities connected with the Island, namely the famous Madeira embroideries or the magnificent wicker works. Madeira is considered the most ancient touristic destination in Europe and therefore being part of the local culture, the services are considered high end.
- Access: The International airport of Madeira (Cristiano Ronaldo Airport) is served by airlines such as TAP, British airways, Lufthansa, easyjet, Ryanair with other airlines operating seasonally. Transfer time from the airport to city centre hotels in Funchal is approximately 20 minutes.
- Weather: Mild climate, some humidity, year-round destination. With an average 20 degree Celsius during daytime (from December – April) up to 26 degrees in summer, people also refer to Madeira as “Island of eternal spring”.
- Venues: Form sea-side fortress like venues, to wine cellars or rural properties to host your event: Madeira has a broad selection. Cititravel only works with the best quality providers on the Island, to guarantee your cocktail or business dinner will be a blast.
- Golf: The golf fanatics among us will have the most amazing views while playing at spectacular and challenging golf courses like Palheiro Golf or Santo da Serra.
- Gastronomy: Madeira is known for its great mix of exotic tropical fruits, unique fish species (the monstrous black Scabbard fish) and an ancient tradition of rum, among many other options of unpaired gastronomical experiences. Of course, Cititravel can make your guests experience all these delicacies in detail and really get a “taste” of Madeira.
Views from one of the top hotels in Funchal, capital of Madeira
Explore Madeira with us
Curious to explore Madeira “virtually” with us? Have a look at our own experiences and impressions in this video below or read our blogpost “From Madeira with Love“.
Do you want to plan your event in Madeira?
Call us to +351 213 261 570 or send us your request and we will contact you to plan your event in Madeira.
Purpose: Respond, where appropriate, to the request made.
Legitimation: Consent of the interested party.
Storage period: The data will be kept only for the time and purpose, for which they were collected and if there is no pending obligation of the interested party.
Final recipients: No data will be transferred to third parties, except for legal obligations.
Rights: To access, rectify or delete the data, request their portability, object to their treatment and request a restriction or limitation of it. You may exercise the above rights, by sending your request to the above address.
Claim: You can submit a claim, addressed to the AGPD, through the website of the Authority (https://sedeagpd.gob.es/sede-electronica-web) or by non-electronic means.